Tuesday, August 10, 2010

shacking up

... at a library again.
alyssa and andrew are coming into town starting on thursday and i cannot be more jazzed. i was talking to andrew last night and we figured out that it's been roughly 3 1/2 years since me, andrew, joy, and alyssa have been in the same room. it doesn't feel like that long, but i suppose it has. crazy.
so, needless to say i'm trying to get everything together in order for me to fully focus on the visitors -- my boss is out of town and without email (so no email checking will happen at midnight for me!) and then...
i got my first freelance writing gig!
the timing, not so much perfect. i have to have a first 3,000 word sample for a textbook chapter on swing era jazz due the 19th. that's in 9 days. 7 of those days my friends are here. alright, weakley, it's go time.
so tomorrow, i'm headed to the Pratt Library to finally get a card (for you and me, alyssa) and hang out for three hours. i'm hoping to be able to start writing at least a little bit and get all the research done.
i can do this.
i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment